Children’s Worker Vacancies
Please get in touch with Nick if you would to advertise a Children’s Worker Post here: Nick@southwell.anglican.org
ST PAUL’S, WILFORD HILL – LEADER OF CHILDREN, YOUTH AND FAMILIES MINISTRY
Are you a committed Christian who is passionate about helping children, youth and their parents/carers grow in their relationships with each other and with God?
St Paul’s, Boundary Road is a thriving Church of England church in West Bridgford with a desire to serve the local community. We have grown since 2010, particularly in relation to our ministry among children and young families, and wish to continue deepening and extending this. We are seeking to build on the success of our previous Children and Young Families Worker role; as such, the age range of those we are working among has widened, and we now want to provide more for youth, without losing the valuable ministry and evangelism with the younger children.
In order to achieve this, we are looking for someone who is a:
- Networker – building links in schools, community groups and places within our community where children and young people are engaged. You will be alive to where God is already at work in people’s lives and the world around, and ready to engage sensitively in mission and developing relationships.
- Leader – overseeing, resourcing and supporting our existing Sunday and midweek provision and those who lead it. Involvement in worship and young church. You will be able to lead learning activities with children, and work with volunteers to equip, enable and enrich our ministry to children, youth and families.
- Strategist – ensuring that any work carried out is focussed and clear how it fits in to the “big picture” of what we are trying to do. You will be someone who can work as part of a team, is willing to understand and work within the Anglican ethos of St Paul’s, but also able to inspire us to re-shape our existing vision where helpful.
Crucially, this post is about building relationships with parents/carers and children/young people – it is not simply a children’s or youth worker we are after, but someone who can network in the community, resource our existing work and help us think strategically about the future. We also hope a successful applicant would be pastorally able to help provide some of the relational “glue” that might enable families not only to have a positive experience of St Paul’s, but also settle, stay and be helped in their discipleship and their relationships with God.
Application or further information
For more information, fuller job description or to arrange an informal conversation about the post, please contact our Vicar, The Revd Dr Chris Hodder – firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send a letter of application alongside a CV. We will need two references, one of which will need to be your church leader.
Leader of Children’s, Youth and Families Ministry
St Paul’s Church
Electronic applications are perfectly acceptable and can be sent to email@example.com
- 23 hrs/wk (flexible hours, weekend working); salary in the range £13,750-£15,250.
- Three-year appointment in the first instance (with six-month initial probationary period)
- Post-holder need not necessarily have a recognised qualification in children’s ministry, but will need to fulfill Enhanced DBS checks and work within Diocesan guidelines with regard to Safeguarding
- There is a Genuine Occupational Requirement for the post holder to be a Christian
Application deadline: Tuesday 18th July 2017; interviews arranged for the week following.