Southwell & Nottingham Diocese is a great place to be in ministry for mission! We specialise in creative and stimulating appointments, have generous churchgoers, some beautiful churches and our cathedral is a gem. It’s a varied and exciting area to live in, with excellent access to other parts of the UK. We take care of our church leaders with good quality housing and supportive deanery colleagues. Fresh stipendiary/non-stipendiary/retiring/part-time clergy and laity are welcome.
Our current vacancies are as follows:
NEWARK ARCHDEACONRY VACANCIES
Skegby with Teversal – Vicar
By God’s grace, we are confident, hopeful and expectant.
Are you called to join is in our diverse and flourishing Benefice? We are situated in the west of the county of Nottinghamshire and are looking to grow disciples wider, younger and deeper in line with the diocesan vision. Would you enjoy helping to lead us in this growth?
You will be:
- A visionary leader who is excited at the thought of growing churches
- A pastor who enjoys the task of helping people grow deeper in the journey of faith
- Enthused by the prospect of working in a setting of gifted lay leaders in a benefice with a track record in fostering ordained and lay leaders
- Keen to use a traditional base to explore new ways to pioneer ministry and develop new worshipping communities.
- Excited at the thought of engaging with community life and being a key figure in the life of our excellent church school
Application enquiries to Jo Padmore, PA to the Archdeacons, Jubilee House, Westgate, Southwell, Notts NG25 0JHemail: firstname.lastname@example.org / tel: 01636 817206
For informal discussion and further information, please ring David Picken, Archdeacon of Newark, on 07917 690576 or email David.Picken@southwell.anglican.org
We welcome applications from suitably qualified clergy from all sections of the community and we strive to be an equal opportunity employer. Enhanced DBS clearance is required for this post.
For general advice about moving please contact the Clergy Appointments Adviser in London – +44 (0) 20-7898 1898
Overseas applicants may apply for posts having consulted the Clergy Appointments Adviser above. If short listed they come for interview in the diocese at their own expense. Applicants will be assessed on the criteria for the post and if appointed it will be conditional on the Archbishop’s approval.