Transforming Notts Together
Tackling Poverty Together
Many churches, community workers and volunteers are already transforming lives, but can feel overwhelmed by the challenges they face. Church Urban Fund and the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham have joined forces to set up Transforming Notts Together.
We help tackle poverty by:
1. Increasing voluntary involvement.
2. Acting as a catalyst to increase effectiveness and collaboration.
3. Raising awareness of poverty.
We are part of the Together Network, a national network of joint ventures developed by Church Urban Fund tackling poverty in England. Transforming Notts Together is managed and run locally, with representatives from a variety of church traditions and experts from strategic partnerships and local government in the region. Our Mission is to transform the lives of the poorest and most marginalised in Nottinghamshire.
Click here to go to our Transforming Notts Together website.
Our key priorities for 2015 to 2017
1. Creating additional capacity for projects promoting financial inclusion.
2. Developing winter night shelters in Nottingham and Mansﬁeld.
3. Grow voluntary involvement and participation in tackling poverty in Notts.
4. Raise awareness of the issues relating to poverty.
We are also able to offer training, with a Basic Budgeting Course. Click here for more info about the Basic Budgeting Course.
How can you get involved?
* Get in touch if you would like to run an anti-poverty project.
* Sign up for our newsletter to keep informed by clicking here.
* Share good practice together and link up with others.
* Help us raise and source funds so that together we can tackle poverty.
By working together we can tackle the effects of poverty in Notts.
Edible Churchyards Scheme
With half a million people in the UK dependent on food handouts, this year’s Diocesan Lent Appeal has focused on spiritual and practical ways of tackling food poverty. The Edible Churchyards Scheme encourages land around churches to be used for growing with the produce being shared by the growers and the community.
Parishes can apply for grants up to £250 from Transforming Notts Together who will be administering the scheme. Click here Edible Churchyards Scheme to download the application form.
For more information, please contact our Development Workers:
Hannah Buck Mobile: 07734 994 637
Anne-Marie Ainger Mobile: 07921 387 797