For agendas and minutes and Deanery Dates see bottom of page.
Gedling Deanery Synod meets three times a year. Each church has Deanery Synod Representatives, who contribute to the meetings on behalf of their churches, and feed back about the business to their PCC. In Deanery Synod, clergy and lay people together make decisions about the everyday running of churches in the Deanery. Our Deanery Handbook can be seen here
Deanery Synod meets:
- to pray and worship together
- to receive information about what is being discussed and decided in Diocesan Synod and General Synod.
- to raise and discuss local matters to be taken to Diocesan Synod
- to discern deanery priorities and plan strategies for sharing joint action
- to share expertise and knowledge between local churches as well as raise concerns and problems
- to cooperate over projects and to support each other
- to agree individual parish share as part of the deanery contribution to diocesan funding
Deanery Synod also works together to support mission.
Previously we have supported the Burundi scholarship scheme, sponsoring a student to become a minister. We now support medical students in Malawi by providing funds for equipment.
Next Deanery Synod: March 25th 2021
Deanery Dates 2021 here.
Draft Minutes November 2020
June 2020 cancelled due to CV19.
February 18 Cancelled due to snow