Application pack for Archdeacon of Nottingham
The Bishop of Southwell and Nottingham is seeking to appoint an Archdeacon who, as a member of the Bishop’s Senior Team, will share in the strategic leadership of mission across the Diocese, with particular responsibility in the Archdeaconry of Nottingham. Engaging closely with the priorities for Growing Disciples, the Bishop is looking to appoint someone who will bring experience, insight and creativity in providing Diocesan-wide oversight for the development of our ministry amongst children, youth, students and young adults.
Amongst the many opportunities this position offers, the Bishop is looking to appoint someone who can:
- Support clergy and lay leaders turning vision into action, helping to develop and implement long-term, sustainable plans for mission and growth.
- Facilitate the planting and grafting of new worshipping communities in line with the Diocesan objectives for Growing Disciples.
- Deliver a compelling picture for how generosity in giving, effective finance, pastoral structures and administration can release mission and enable growth.
- Winsomely preach and teach the faith, inspiring others through a personal commitment to evangelism, out of a conviction for whole-life discipleship.
- Contribute confidently to the awareness, delivery and adherence of all Safeguarding procedures.