Diocesan Director of Education
To contribute to the overall strategic development of the Diocese and be the lead officer for educational policy and strategy. Promote the mission of the Diocese with and for children and young people in the Church of England schools/academies and higher education establishments of the Diocese.
Relevant Qualifications and Experience required:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have a knowledge and understanding of current educational practice
- Have experience of the work of Church of England schools/academies and a clear vision of their distinctive role
- Be able to demonstrate appropriate team leading skills
- Be able to work on his/her initiative, yet value and affirm the contributions and experience of colleagues
- Have emotional intelligence and relational skills
- Be an effective communicator in a wide variety of contexts, having the ability to use IT for research, communication and presentation
- Work ecumenically where appropriate, and maintain good relationships and information exchange with other denominations and dioceses
- Have the ability to formulate and manage the departmental budgets
- Be willing to travel within the Diocese and occasionally further afield
- This role has a Genuine Occupational Requirement under the Equality Act 2010 for the postholder to be a communicant member of the Anglican Church or of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland.
Please apply via: http://pathways.churchofengland.org/ reference cofe/TP/148/2025