“Tell you what, if you want to look at it in a deep way…it’s like God has said come into my house and get out of the cold… because we are all guests walking in the house of God.” (Guest at a Winter Shelter)
We believe that everyone should have a home that truly meets their needs and that human dignity is challenged by the lack of quality housing. Increasing numbers of people across the city and county are finding themselves either homeless or vulnerably housed. We work in partnership with churches of all denominations, with people of all faiths and none to combat the damaging effects of homelessness and poverty.
Click here to download our leaflet on How to Help Homeless Callers in Nottinghamshire.
• Nottingham Winter Shelter – contact: liam.o’email@example.com (07860 507318)
• Mansfield Winter Shelter – contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (07734 994 637)
• Faith Action Nottingham (FAN) – FaithAction Nottingham directory of projects/ – includes details of practical resource and support centres across the city
• Framework http://www.frameworkha.org/
• HLG (Hostel Liason Group – city and County) http://www.hlg.org.uk/
• Homeless Link (national umbrella for Homeless Charities) http://homeless.org.uk/
• Housing Justice (national church coalition) http://www.housingjustice.org.uk/
• Nottingham City Council Homelessness Strategy http://www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=3460
• NB – document ref for city – do the county have one?
• Download all the Homeless Link Welfare Reform factsheets and tools for staff/organizations from their Welfare Aware Pages
• Personal Independence Payments – visit www.dwp.gov.uk/pip
• Social Fund Reform – Short Term Advances and Budgeting Advances DWP Information Sheet
• Universal Credit – latest DWP Information
• Nottingham City Council Welfare Rights Pages
• www.turn2us.org.uk – a charity that helps people in financial need gain access to welfare benefits, charitable grants and other financial help