Promoting a Safer Church – SAFEGUARDING
Following the departure of the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor at the end of last year the Diocese is currently seeking a replacement. In the interim, Parishes will remain supported and should continue to seek advice and guidance from the Diocesan Safeguarding Team at Safeguarding@southwell.anglican.org or telephone 01636 817200.
IF YOU HAVE AN IMMEDIATE SAFEGUARDING CONCERN PLEASE CONTACT 999
IF YOUR CONCERN RELATES TO A CHILD OR VULNERABLE ADULT IN NOTTINGHAMSHIRE– MASH – 0300 500 8080
IF IT RELATES TO A CHILD IN NOTTINGHAM CITY – CHILD AND FAMILIES DIRECT 0115 876 4800
IF IT RELATES TO A VULNERABLE ADULT IN NOTTINGHAM CITY – 0300 131 0300
OUT OF HOURS DUTY TEAM 0300 456 4546.
The Church of England is committed to the safeguarding, care and nurture of everyone within our community.
The Church of England will:
- Promote a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruit and support all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults within the Church
- Respond promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Care pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse and other affected persons
- Care pastorally for those who are the subject of concerns or allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Respond to those that may pose a present risk to others