The diocese has a number of excellent parochial opportunities for clergy with different gifts and experience, backgrounds and ethnicities, who will join with us in learning to walk in the way of Jesus; nurturing faith and equipping the people of God for ministry in diverse settings across the city and county (urban, suburban, outer estates, market towns and rural).
The diocese offers excellent support to help clergy to flourish in life and ministry, find out more here.
Supporting the diocesan mission and the work of clergy across the Diocese, there are a range of support roles working from the modern offices in Southwell. Located opposite the Minster, with plenty of on-site parking, the offices are open plan and provide a attractive working environment.
Working for us will bring benefits such as:
- 25 days annual leave, 8 bank holidays and 3 extra set days leave a year
- Competitive salaries
- 10% of salary contributed to a pension scheme
- Maternity, paternity and shared parental occupational pay
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Employee Assistance Programme with access to counselling, legal and health advice
- Excellent sick benefits from first day of employment
Our 300+ parishes directly employ a range of varied roles. These include Administrative Support, Children and Youth Workers, Worship Leaders, and many other opportunities.
The diocese has responsibility for 73 Church of England Schools, including both Primary and Secondary Schools. Our Schools aim to have a distinctive Christian ethos in the way in which they teach all their students. If you have empathy with this and you are committed to providing the best possible education for children, you are welcome into our family.