- The Autumn 2023 Safeguarding training schedule can be seen here.
- Leadership Training 2024 Schedule
- Domestic Abuse Awareness Training 2024 Schedule
- Parish Safeguarding Officer Induction 2024 Schedule
Please note, the Spring 2024 dates are now open for booking. April-June 2024 training dates will open for booking on 8th January.
- Training Matrix (Training required per role)
- The Learning and Development Framework
- Leadership Course: training portal booking guidance
- PCC members complete both the Basic Awareness, Foundation and Domestic Abuse Awareness courses. This is to reflect the importance of the governance role pf PCCs as Charity Trustees, especially where they are offering groups for children and vulnerable adults.
- Church wardens complete the Basic Awareness, Foundation, Leadership, and Domestic Abuse Awareness modules. This is due to their key role as leaders of their churches especially during times of vacancy.
- Spiritual Directors must also complete Basic Awareness, Foundation and the Leadership Module as they may well be mentoring key Church leaders who do have ultimate responsibility in their Parishes.
Training available via the CofE Training Portal – Safeguarding Training Portal
Safeguarding Basic Awareness (Online Training) – This course is the minimum training required for everyone holding any role in the church If you have any additional responsibilities such as work with children or adults, prayer ministry etc. Or are Safeguarding coordinator or lead for the PCC, or Church Warden then you also need to complete the Foundation and possibly the Leadership module as well.
Foundation – we also provide this course as face to face training. Places do fill up quickly so book early to avoid disappointment. If the Foundation module is the highest level of training you require please try to attend a face to face session.
Training is only available through the Diocese – either face to face or via Zoom. Each parish is individual and may have contextual areas of safeguarding that may need further training, please feel free to contact us for a consultation to ensure all your training needs have been met – email@example.com
“Survivors of abuse have a key role to play in the development and delivery of transformative learning, it is also fundamental to the development of healthy and safe cultures within church communities that the voices of victims are heard and considered at every step of our learning and development journey” Safeguarding learning and development Framework 2021.
If you have any specific needs to enable you to access the training, we can usually help.
Please contact Stephanie Spencer or Julian Hodgson confidentially on 01636 817200 if you wish to discuss any concerns about training content prior to your booking.
We understand that safeguarding can be a difficult topic for some people. If you are concerned about the training or affected by any of the course content, then please contact the team for support.
Contact us on 01636 817200 or firstname.lastname@example.org