Here is a list of ideas if you’d like to support and or volunteer somewhere in the diocese.
- Notts Refugee Forum Offering advice, support (including specialized legal advice) and friendship, the Forum provides a wide range of support services for asylum seekers and refugees.
- Nottingham Arimathea Trust Provides supported housing for Refugees and Destitute Asylum Seekers.
- Host Nottingham provides temporary emergency accommodation for destitute asylum seekers and newly recognized refugees from a week to 3 months.
- Welcome Box Christian Charity that supports local churches deliver a box filled with small gifts and local information to asylum seekers and refugees who have recently arrived in their local area, making sure they feel welcome as they arrive.
- Churches Refugees Network – to find out more about how churches can support asylum seekers and refugees please contact – Email: Liam.O’Boyle@southwell.anglican.org
- Near Neighbours – This is a joint initiative between the Church of England and the Church Urban Fund which brings people together who are neighbours so that they can get to know each other better, build relationships of trust and join together in projects that improve the local community they live in. There are small grants available administered through hubs – please contact: Lindsay Cressey firstname.lastname@example.org