Housing and Homelessness
Our Partnerships Officer, the Revd Liam O’Boyle works with Homeless Charities, Churches and Christian-run projects which play a key role literally offering a lifeline to increasing numbers of vulnerable people in the provision of projects like night shelters and drop in centers.
What can you do?
- If you have concerns for someone who is homeless on the streets listen to their story, perhaps offer a warm drink and a bite to eat – it is better than giving money.
- Under the Homeless Reduction Act, your local council must help anyone who is homeless, or at risk of becoming homeless. It is important to seek council help as soon as someone is under threat of becoming homeless or already finds themselves rough sleeping on the streets.
- If that person’s health is in immediate danger call ambulance or police on 999.
- Seek advice from The Street Outreach Team: 24-hour hotline: 0800 066 5356 or Text SOTS to 80800 followed by your message.
- Street Support Nottingham provide a ‘one stop shop’ to find or give support for homeless people in Nottingham City.
Other useful links: